What is Empower Network all about?
Empower Network is an online opportunity that supposedly enable their members to earn money without experiencing the most common challenges, pitfalls and problems that most individuals go through when they start a home based business. They provide marketing training, information products and digital services like a blogging platform called Blog Beast. The affiliate program pays commissions that allow members to create a substantial online income from home.
What will the scheme cost?
- The basic membership will cost you $25 a month and will give you a blogging site.
- You will have to pay a $19.95 monthly fee if you wish to promote the EN products and earn commissions.
- If you decide to join the Inner Circle membership, a $100 monthly fee will be added. (Needed for drastic success)
- In addition, you will need to sign up to an autoresponder service to manage emails and communication with future prospects.
Empower Network Membership Levels
If you join Empower Network, you will have several different levels of membership to choose from. For each level that you purchase, you will earn a commission if you sell the specific level of training. If you did not purchase the level, you will not earn commissions when your referrals buy it.
Blogging Platform - $25 a month
The first level is the is the basic membership that provides you with the Empower Network blogging platform Blog Beast. You will have access to the fast training and core checklist. This contains the principles to build an online business. In addition, you will have access to the back office tools, capture page systems and Monday night Empower hour. It is required to purchase this level to gain access to buy into the higher levels.
The Inner Circle Membership - $100 a month
This membership level grants you access to a library of audio's. This contains information about the Empower Network founders, team leaders and members. You will have the right to sell this level and earn commissions from it when someone joins under you.
The Costa Rica Mastermind Intensive – One Time Payment - $500
This is a video series that is based on a private 3 day retreat that was held near David Wood’s mountain home in Costa Rica. These videos cover mostly the concepts that change the way you approach your online leads or audience along with some advanced marketing strategies.
The 15K Formula – One Time Payment - $995
This level is more focused on technical training and teach members how to market online. The training focuses on strategies to get targeted leads and grow your online business in the long-term scale.
Masters Retreat – One Time Payment - $3,500
The masters Retreat level consists of about 40 individual trainings and include a workbook that enable members to learn as they earn.
Again, keep in mind that you need to purchase all the levels that you want to promote with Empower Network. In other words, if you purchase the $25 blogging platform, you can only receive commissions from that. When someone sign up under you and buy into higher levels you Will Not receive that commission.
No, they are not a scam because they do not take money from members without their consent or fail to pay commissions to their affiliates. However, the program is similar to an MLM scheme because you need to refer more people into the program to make money. Basically, you have to sell Empower Network itself and teach others to do the same.
- No description - So you might wonder what they sell and what will you have to sell? Empower network has no clear description about their business model and they do not tell new prospects exactly on how they will make money or gain success.
- Too much up-sells - EN is the Kings of the internet when it comes to “up-sells” and frankly, it is blunt out annoying to say the least. You would think that it will eventually end with the 15K formula, but no, do not rest that easy. When I was part of Empower Network I got extremely annoyed when members tried to sell me customized sales pages, “the big idea mastermind”, lead capturing programs to only name a few. The most annoying part? They actually tell you that you need it to make money.
- You have to pay $20 to get paid - Yes, ladies and gents, you will have to pay for the card every single month, oh and do not forget that it’s a privilege (ha ha ha) I got my Payoneer card for Free and it enables me to cash out my earnings on various affiliate programs – Now that is a privilege!
- So how much do you have to invest to succeed? Nope, not just $25, for that will only give you a blog with some very basic training. If you do not purchase the Inner Circle, you will miss the “awesome video's”and the commissions when your referrals upgrade. Now how would you earn money if you do not purchase the payment system, yes that is an extra $19 – Still there is no promise that you WILL succeed but that would be the minimum requirements for “success”
- Affiliates, without manners or ethics – It seems to me that you literally need to be a “badass” to become an Empower Network member. Some members promote EN in any way possible, whether it is legit or not. I considered getting a restraining order at some point and I even had a personality issue for a short time – Seriously, I thought I was a flower and they were the bees chasing me! However, all jokes aside. Facebook banned the EN links because of this behavior. I use Facebook for marketing and I am sure that others do the same, what is the use of having a program with limitations on a social platform?
- Too many complaints – Well, what did they expect is going to happen if members run loose and spam every given platform they can find on Google just to make a quick buck?
- The Blog – Although they make it out to be shiny, I just do not see the “bling”. You have limited control over it, just a few templates to choose from and without the options for additional plugins or personal control. Most of the Empower blogs are plastered with the EN banners and all the “sign up now or forever be doomed” adverts. Most defiantly not worth $25. The new phone app is nothing new and many blogging platforms added the app months ago. WordPress is still the most popular, not to mention that you can have it For Free!
- Ranking Blogs – What ranking blogs? A few years back it was common to see an Empower Network blog with some nice content, but that is not the case anymore.
- No support within some groups - Empower Network had grown immensely within the last 3 years and some groups got so big that support became non-existent. Many Empower Network affiliates promote the program in the wrong way and only set out to get sales. This cause failure when it comes to support and team building. As an affiliate, you are responsible for keeping trust and communication and that is the fine line between failure and success.
- No Free trial – Would you like to have a peek before you reach for your Visa? No chance of that happening, sorry!
My concern - Building an Online Business that is not 100% mine. The blog will still be owned by Empower Network and you will be stuck with the EN template. I personally prefer to have an online business of my own that I can gradually build up and modify the way I want.
Call me lazy if you want, but I still prefer to go after the easy money, by promoting products without too much competition. Empower Network became one of the most famous products, and I am sure that most of you would be familiar with the name by now, therefore it would take some added skill to promote them successfully. Allow me to elaborate for those still a bit unfamiliar with the advanced marketing strategies – By promoting products that are well spread over the internet, you enter a highly competitive market and you will have to double all efforts to gain success and make a profit. The advanced marketers promoting Empower Network will clearly have a better shot than those who are new, for they already adopted the skills and tactics to sell a highly priced product successfully.
My honest opinion...
There are programs that cost less with better value.
Currently there is a competitive market for new entrepreneurs towards internet marketing who desperately want to make money online. Unfortunately the economy is horrible and most of these people looking to start an online business do not have that much to invest in the beginning. I would always try my very best to point new entrepreneurs into directions that does not require a huge investment or better yet, offers trial or Free Methods.
Empower Network suffered setbacks on the social side and Facebook had banned direct linking mainly because of the huge amount of members that is spamming or promoting the program in an unethical way. Personally, I think David should tighten the ropes with his members before they ruin all the hard work that he and David Sharpe invested into this business. An online "makeover" for Empower might not be such a bad idea.
I've read tons of “Empower Network Reviews” and have to admit that I feel a bit downed. Most would simply just be a sales pitch to get others into buying the program without giving the pro’s and con’s with an affiliate link added to it. Again, I am not shooting at anyone trying to get their product promoted, we are in the marketing industry and need to make a sale to survive. A review should always be based on personal experience and highlight the features and the type of individual skill sets that would fit into the program.
Can a Newbie Succeed with Empower Network?
It is possible with hard work and dedication. However, it will take some time and earnings will not be instant. The success rate is low and only a small percentage of members earn a substantial amount each month. Do not take my word for it, but rather see for yourself by having a look at the Empower Network Income Disclosure.
What about a money back guarantee?
EN have a strict 14–day return policy that begins on the date of purchase.
How does the Empower Network compensation plan work?
Allow me to give a quick example using the $25 subscription:
If you refer Jhon, and he purchases the blogging system, he will fall on your first position. You will receive a direct, monthly recurring payment of $25.
You will pass up the product purchases from sales 2, 4, 6, and every 5th to your sponsor. (You will not earn commissions for sales 2,4, 6 and every 5th sale)
If you then sell the system to Sue, she would stay connected to you for future products, and the sale will pass on to your sponsor. You would collect commissions on 3, 5, and 7-10, etc.
When John starts to generate product sales, you will receive direct payments for monthly subscriptions for his 2nd, 4th, 6th, and 11th sale.
If John continues to sell the product, you will receive a commission payment for his sales 16, 21, 26, 31, etc.
John will keep 100% of sales 1,3,5, 7-10, 12-16, etc.
Is Empower Network International?
Yes, you can join from any country as long as you have a valid method of payment. Some payment processors like Payoneer is not accepted. The save ones is PayPal, CardFlex, Authorize.net and AlertPay.
Is there hidden costs?
Yes, If you are serious about earning commissions with Empower Network, there will be added costs that includes, your autoresponder, paid advertising, additional hosting, domain purchase and so forth.
What do I need to make money "instantly" with Empower Network?
- A blog or website with traffic to gain leads.
- A list for email marketing
- A Social following to establish trust and relationships
- A killer personality – If you are shy, and do not like to communicate directly, forget about MLM!
Obviously you can start without these, but it will take much longer because you need to build up traffic, a list and social media before you will see drastic results.
Thanks for reading my Review on Empower Network. All that is left to do would be for you to be intelligent and leave a comment or question - I would love your feedback.
Update: 14 Aug 2013:
Empower Network vs. Wealthy Affiliate
I recently had lots of request and questions regarding Empower Network and why I have chosen to end my subscriptions with them to promote Wealthy Affiliate instead. People seem unclear on how these two platforms differ from each other and how they give value to people with 2 different types of interests - MLM and Niche Marketing.
Both platforms work great, but they are different in many ways, those who love to interact personally and have the skills to build an empire would appreciate Empower Network. Those who want to learn the technical aspects of an online business will have better success with Wealthy Affiliate.
I dearly hope that this post will answer the majority of questions, but feel free to ask or add if I had left out some valuable information regarding the two platforms.