What is Empower Network all about?
Empower Network is an online opportunity that enables their members to earn money without experiencing the most common challenges, pitfalls and problems most individuals go through when they begin a home based business. They provide helpful marketing training, quality information products along with digital services like a blogging platform. The affiliate program pays a 100% commission that allows members to create a substantial online income from home.
What will the scheme cost?
- The basic membership will cost you $25 a month and will give you a blogging site.
- You will be required to pay $19.95 for the affiliate fee.
- If you decide to go to the inner circle membership (will be needed to make drastic success) a further $100 a month will be added.
- In addition you will need to sign up to an auto - responder service to manage emails and communication with future prospects.
Empower Network Membership Levels
If you join Empower Network, you will have several different levels of membership to choose from, and for each level, that you purchase you will also have the ability to earn a commission from selling the specific level of training. If you did not purchase the level, you will not be able to earn commissions from it, even if you refer people to it, or if one of your referrals buy a higher level.
Blogging Platform - $25 a month
The first level is the is a basic membership that will provides you with the Empower Network blogging platform and access to the fast training and core checklist, which contain the principles to build an online business. You will also have access to the back office tools, capture page systems and Monday night Empower hour. You are required to purchase this level in to gain access to buy into the higher levels.
The Inner Circle Membership - $100 a month
This membership level will grant you access to the library of audios containing information on the Empower Network founders, team leaders and members. The inner circle training is more focused on the fundamental concepts of making money online. You will also have the right to sell this level and earn commissions from it when someone joins under you.
The Costa Rica Mastermind Intensive – One Time Payment - $500
The Video series are based on a private 3 day retreat that was held near David Wood’s mountain home in Costa Rica and they are currently made up out of 10 modules with a bonus module. These videos cover mostly the concepts that change the way you approach your online leads or audience along with some advanced marketing strategies.
The 15K Formula – One Time Payment - $995
This level is more focused around technical training and teaches members how to market online. The training is based around strategies on how to get targeted leads and grow your online business in the long-term scale.
Masters Retreat – One Time Payment - $3,500
The masters Retreat level is the latest releases and consists of about 40 individual trainings along with a workbook to enable individuals to learn as they earn.
Again, keep in mind that you need to purchase the levels that you want to promote within Empower Network. In other words if you buy the $25 blogging platform, you can only receive commissions from that and when someone had signed up under you and buy into higher levels you will not receive that commission.
No they are not a scam because they don't actually take money from members without their consent or fail to pay out the commissions to their affiliates.
- No description - So you might wonder what they sell and what will you have to sell? Empower network have no clear description of the business model and most defiantly they do not tell you how exactly you will be making money or gain success.
- Too many upsells - EN is the Kings of the internet when it comes to “upsells” and frankly, it is blunt out annoying to say the least. You think that it will eventually end with the 15K formula, but now do not rest that easy. When I was part of Empower Network I got extremely annoyed when members had tried to sell me customized sales pages, “the big idea mastermind”, lead capturing programs to only name a few. The most annoying part? They actually tell you that you need it to make money.
- You have to pay $20 to get paid - Yes ladies and gents, you will have to pay for the card every single month, oh and don’t forget that it’s a privilege (ha ha ha) I got my Payoneer card for Free and it enables me to cash out my earnings on various affiliate programs – Now that is a privilege!
- So how much do you have to invest to succeed? Nope not just $25, for that will only give you a blog with some very basic training and if you do not purchase the inner cirle for a $100 monthly, you will miss the “awesome training”. Now how would you earn money if you do not purchase their payment system, yes that is an additional $19 – Well still there is no promise that you WILL succeed but that would be the minimum requirements for “success”
- Affiliates, without manners or ethics – It seems to me that you need to be a “badass” literally to become a Empower Network member because the members are promoting EN in any possible way they can whether it is legit or not. I personally considered getting a restraining order myself at one point and I even had a personality issue for a short time – seriously I thought I was a flower and they were the bees chasing me! However, all jokes aside, Facebook had banned the EN links because of this behavior, I personally use Facebook for marketing and I am sure that others do the same, so what is the use of having a program with limitations on a social platform?
- Too many complaints – Well what did they expect is going to happen if members run loose and spam every given platform they can find on Google, just to make a quick buck?
- The Blog – Although they make it out to be so shiny, I just do not see the “bling” You have very limited control over it and just a few templates to choose from, without the options for additional plugins or personal control. Most of the Empower blogs are plastered with the EN banners and all the “sign up now or forever be doomed” adverts. Most defiantly not worth $25
- Ranking Blogs – What ranking blogs? A few years back it was common to see an Empower Network blog with some nice content, but that is not the case anymore.
- No support within some groups - Empower Network had grown immensely within the last 3 years and some groups had Become so big that support had died. Many of Empower Network Affiliates are promoting the program in the wrong way and only set out to get sales, which cause them to struggle. As an affiliate, you are responsible for keeping trust and communication and that is the fine line between failure and success.
- No Free trial – So you would like to have a peek before you whip out that visa? No chance of that happening sorry!
My concern would be on building an online business that is not 100% mine. The blog will still be owned by Empower Network and you will be stuck with the EN template, for you simply just buy into the scheme. I personally prefer to have an online business of my own that I can gradually build up and modify it in the way I want.
Call me lazy if you want, but I still prefer to go after the easy money, by promoting products without too much competition. Empower Network had become one of the most famous products, and I am sure that most would be familiar with the name by now, therefore it would take some added skill to promote them successfully. Allow me to elaborate for those still a bit unfamiliar with the advanced marketing strategies – By promoting products that are well spread over the net, you enter a highly competitive market and you will have to double all efforts to gain success and make a profit. The advanced marketers promoting Empower Network will clearly have a much better shot than those who are new, for they already adopted the skills and tactics to sell a very high priced product successfully.
My honest opinion...
There are programs that cost less with better value.
Currently there is a very competitive market for new entrepreneurs towards internet marketing, who desperately want to make money online, unfortunately the economy is horrible and most of these people looking to begin an online business do not have that much to invest in the beginning. I would always try my very best to point new entrepreneurs into directions that does not require a huge investment or better yet, provide free or trial methods.
Empower Network had suffered setbacks on the social side and Facebook had banned direct linking mainly because of the huge number of members that's spamming or promoting the program in an unethical way. Personally I think David should tighten the ropes with his members before they ruin all the hard work that he and David Sharpe had invested into this business. An online "make-over" for Empower might not be such a bad idea.
I had read up on tons of “Empower Network Reviews” and I have to admit that I feel a bit downed, for most would simply just be a sales pitch to get others into buying the program without giving the pro’s and con’s with an affiliate link added to it. Again I am not shooting at anyone trying to get their product promoted, for we are in the marketing industry and we need to make a sale to survive, but reviews should always be based on personal experience and they should highlight the features and the type of individual skill sets that would fit into the program.
Thanks for reading my Review on Empower Network, all that’s left to do would be for you to be intelligent and leave a comment or question - I would love your feedback.
Update: 14 Aug 2013:
Empower Network vs. Wealthy Affiliate
I recently had lots of request and questions regarding Empower Network and why I had chosen to end my subscriptions with them and promote Wealthy Affiliate instead. People seem to be unclear about how these two platforms differ from each other and how they give value to people with 2 different types of interests - MLM or Affiliate marketing.
Both platforms work great but they are different in many ways, those who love to interact personally and have the skills to build an empire would appreciate Empower Network. Those who want to learn the technical aspects of an online business will have better success with Wealthy Affiliate.
I dearly hope that this post will answer the majority of questions, but feel free to ask or add if I had left out some valuable information regarding the two platforms.