With this Review, I would like to highlight Amway’s Pros and Cons along with a small discussion on why so many individuals had labeled them as a scam. I’m not affiliated with Amway and my review is based on live interviews with current members of Amway.
What is Amway?
Amway (American Way) is a multinational direct-selling company that uses multi-level marketing techniques to sell products that ranges from health and beauty, home care and personal care products to only name a few.
Richard DeVos and Jay Van Andel who was based in Michigan founded Amway in 1959. Today Amway conducts its business through a number of companies in more than eighty countries worldwide. In 2012 Amway was rewarded the no. 25 position by Forbes for being one of the largest private companies in the U.S. By the year-end in 2012, more than $11 billion sales were recorded, making Amway one of the most successful network marketing companies that have been in business for well over 50 years.
What is Amway all about and who will benefit?
Amway has helped people in becoming independent business owners that sell physical products.
Now this part is the most crucial for you need to understand that the company revolves around MLM and in order for you to be successful, you will have to recruit people and teach them how to recruit more people in order to make a substantial amount of money.
This is NOT “get rich quick” scheme it will take hard work and a long period before you might see results. Amway is a 2 to 3 year plan and you will need to work at it consistently by prospecting, going to the major functions and by attending your team’s weekly meeting.
With any MLM opportunity there is one rule – No Fear of talking to people! If you hate cold calling or following up on leads, this will not be for you, because you will be selling physical products and you will have to deal with questions or handle difficult customers that are not satisfied with the product.
If you feel that you will have trouble in doing this, then I would rather recommend that you find a Program that will not require constant communication, and still allow you to build a business online.
Training and Support
When you become an Amway IBO, you will have access to guidance and training that will assist you to establish your business, and it includes:
- Business and Leadership training courses
- You can choose the online or in-person training for better product and sales knowledge.
- Training and support from your sponsor and other Amway IBO members.
- Customer Service to answer all questions.
- Product- specific training
- Business education
- Mentoring programs
Amway have Eco Friendly Products and includes popular brands like Artistry, XS, Nutrilite and Legacy of Clean.
There are hundreds of products that can help you to build a retail business, the product lines include water and air purifiers, Personal care products, home care products, jewelry, electronics, Nutrilite dietary supplements, cosmetics and even insurance to only name a few.
How will I be able to make money with Amway?
Individuals who are interested in joining Amway will start out by registering as an Amway Ibo and it will give them access to the compensation plan. You will also need to get in touch with your sponsor for this person will have to help you with the training and your compensation plan.
Since Amway is a multilevel marketing program, you will make money when you or those whom you had sponsored sell the products. You will have full responsibility over your down line and you will have to make sure that they become successful as well in order to make a decent income.
This will be your business and only you can determine how much effort and time you want to put in it. With Amway you are rewarded for the work you do and if you feel that time would be a factor, it would not be such a good idea to go with this method of earning.
How much will it cost to join?
You can start immediately for $62 and you will receive a Welcome Kit with the step-by-step guide.
You will also receive the option to purchase the Welcome Product Kit for $83.99 and it includes full-size products and samples. In addition, you will also receive the product brochures to help you in promoting the merchandise to your customers.
- You will be able to create a family business that will strive for a long time.
- The company has a good working environment with friendly coworkers.
- They developed an App for online business management and placing orders.
- You will have the opportunity to assist others in building a successful business of their own while you reap the benefits as well.
- Amway has paid out more cash incentives and bonuses to the distributors than any other direct sales company.
- You will be able to attend business and educational meetings in world-class destinations.
- Amway offers incentive trips and cash bonuses for performance.
- The business is affordable.
- You will be able to build your business internationally and locally.
- This business model can be intimidating when you are new and have no prior experience in direct sales.
- In the beginning, you will not get that much money if any at all, especially when you are new to MLM.
- The business model had become a bit outdated for MLM strategies had changed a lot over the years.
- Amway has been around for years not and there is a good possibility that someone else in your area is already selling Amway products. Although most members have a general kindness within them, it is still a competitive market and you might cause a stir if you over-take someone’s area.
- The Products are Expensive; well personally, I think they are a bit overpriced, which obviously is understandable because they have to pay you and your down line. However, it is a struggle to sell a bottle of $80 vitamin pills when there are other products with the same quality for a lot less. We are not exactly living in the old days anymore and people are cautious now when it comes to spending, meaning you will have to work double time to sell products at a higher price.
- Products have flaws sometimes, please let me rephrase; people have problems with products and you will never have the perfect product that will suit everyone’s needs. You will have to deal with product issues and returns, obviously, a happy customer will give you a happy business, and it does require some skill and stress control to keep people happy.
- There is a good possibility that this point would not have any impact on you, but for me it is a negative aspect. In the training, you will be taught to make a list of friends, family and acquaintances and yes, you guessed correctly – you will have to call them and get them to buy or join your business. I absolutely hate to drag my friends or family into buying something, they will buy, because they love me, but I don’t want to put them in that situation because that’s not what friends and family are for – I might be wrong, and this is merely my opinion.
Is Amway a scam?
Not at all – You can hardly call the biggest, oldest and most popular network marketing company a scam or pyramid scheme.
So why do we see so many scam reviews and unhappy members that smear Amway in a bad way? Quite simple – MLM is one of the most difficult methods of earning, and you will have to do some hard work and teach yourself some proper marketing skills in order to go far in this industry. Many people find it difficult to communicate with other people face to face or voice to voice. Cold calling is necessary with MLM if you want to make money. If you have a fear of that then the opportunity is simply going to waste your efforts and money period.
The hardest part of Amway is suggesting it to family and friends or people that you do not know. The pricing does play a huge factor for most people would genuinely be interested to buy the product but then turn away because they don’t want to pay that much for a product they don’t really need.
We had already established the 95% failure rate when it comes to network marketing , Personally I think Amway would be a tough nut to crack for those who have absolutely no marketing experience because you will have to give yourself at least two years before you will be able to earn a substantial amount.
A huge amount of people get tired to attend the meetings and do the cold calling not to mention the prospecting of random individuals, so they eventually quit because the results is not quick.
Finally yet importantly, Like in any other business you will find sponsors who will not be active in helping their recruits, therefore you must be careful whom you choose as an IBO sponsor. A lack of support and help is just about enough to cause failure.
Web site development that goes along with Affiliate marketing is and will always be the best method to generate a substantial online income. No false promises or misleading methods. Your success will be determined by your own actions and willingness to learn and work hard...
Read More - What is required to make money online.
You are a super star and made it all the way to the end of my Review. Please be so kind to leave feedback in the form of a comment. Would love to hear about your experience with Amway or your valuable opinion regarding the program