- EN - 1 blog at $25 a month – Not fully customizable
- WA - 2 Wordpress blogs for free – fully customizable. Premium Members have unlimited website.
- EN - You do not own the content and you will lose the rights and the power to access it if you stop paying the monthly fee.
- WA - You own the content and have full control for the lifetime of your website at Wealthy Affiliate, even if you cannot afford the premium.
- EN - Websites are grouped together as a directory, and the content is impacted by that of everyone else. Each website has the same content base and architecture and this can be seen as duplicate by the major search engines. Does not work well with every niche.
- WA - Optimized for search engines. Works well within any niche because there is no advertising on the templates. The engines see Blogs as having their own domain therefore they rank well.
- EN - As a member of EN you get the exact same blog that everyone else gets – Template based website that promotes Empower Network
- WA - You can choose from 1,400 free templates and they have no advertising on them. You can use them in any way you like.
- EN - The main domain EmpowerNetwork.com had lost ranking power with Google, making it hard for the blogs to rank well.
- WA - Rank extremely well.
Empower Network Basic Membership - $25 a month
Affiliate Fee - $19.95 a month.
Inner Circle Membership - $100 a month
Costa Rica Intensive – $500 one time fee
The 15k Formula - $1,000 one time fee
Masters Retreat - $3,500 one time fee
Basic Membership – FREE
Premium Membership - $47 a month
- EN - Have to pay $19.95 a month to be paid and to sell any of the Empower Network products.
- WA - The affiliate program is free to join and commissions will be paid to your PayPal account.
- EN - MLM based – You will need to build a solid down line – If your referrals sell products you get paid as well. Some skills are required to promote the system correctly.
- WA - Affiliate based – Do not need to build a down line - You will receive commissions for each sale, making it easy for newbie’s that doesn’t have much experience in getting referrals.
- EN - Any form of promotion is allowed to get leads or to make a sale.
- WA - Wealthy Affiliate has strict rules against spamming and it is not allowed.
- EN - Need to find a group and a sponsor that will provide the right support structure. If you had chosen an unresponsive group, you will need to sign up all over again with another group. Support from Empower Network itself is not that great.
- WA - You do not need to join a group because the entire Wealthy Affiliate community is responsible for helping one another. The live chat box, discussion board and forum are active 24/7 and you can post private messages to members if you struggle to find an answer to your problem.
- EN - No way to contact or interact with the owners Dave and Dave.
- WA - You can interact with Kyle and Carson directly on the platform and ask them questions.
EN - Empower Network have limited tools itself except for the blogging platform. You will need to join a group that provides you with the tools - The prosperity team has the best as far as my knowledge goes.
WA - Wealthy Affiliate includes the following tools and services:
- Websites and Hosting
- Rapid writer
- Link tracking
- Keyword tool
- Monthly Keyword list (all the hottest keywords with low competition)
- Live chat
- Discussion board
- A customizable profile page that allows you to write daily “mini” blogs and add your own training.
I will only compare Empower Networks training to the level that will be required to make success meaning it includes the basic and inner circle training – to receive this training you will have to pay the monthly fee and my comparison is based on that fact. Products like the Costa Rica and 15K formula are additional up sells and most newbie’s does not have the finances to purchase it immediately, therefore it will be useless to compare it to Wealthy Affiliate – Remember I am only comparing affordability versus effective training with monthly payments that are required from the two platforms.
Empower Network training
Basic Membership - Include some basic training on how to build your blog - No technical training.
Inner Circle – Hours of audio clips that are more based on mind training than technical and hands on education. Some topics include:
- How to multiply your commissions, and Create Resources from Thin air
- Profiting from large events
- How to get rich quick, fast and easy
- Speak the world into existence
- Leveraging the power of a contest
- How to create magical income
- Higher level marketing how you can join us in Costa Rica
- Tomato sandwiches, getting rich and being a bad ass
Obviously, there are lots more but all based on the same tactics without direct methods of implication.
The training works wonderfully to get you focused on the task at hand and if you already have mastered the technical side of an online business, this will add value.
Wealthy Affiliate training
- Getting started
- WA affiliate program
- Keyword, niche and market research
- Everything Wordpress
- Authoring and writing content
- Search engine optimization
- Pay per click marketing
- Social engagement and marketing
- Website development and programming
- Local marketing
- Video marketing
- Email marketing
- The wealthy affiliate platform
- Getting started – level 1
- Ultimate traffic training – level 2
- Making money – level 3
- Mastering social engagement – level 4
Additional training include:
- Affiliate boot camp training – Phase 1 – 5
- Affiliate classroom
- Live video classes – step by step training
Training is easy to access and grouped together. You also have a search bar that allows you to browse for specific topics.
Empower Network have some awesome people within some groups but I had found that it was hard to find the right group that will be small enough to give constant support, yet effective enough to provide quality tools and guidance.
Jumping from one group to another is not effective and cost way too much money and time. With Wealthy Affiliate there is only one active community and people will help one another whether you had joined under them or not. With WA it is also easier to get answers to questions instantly without having to wait for a reply.
I personally have my own "beliefs" when it comes to marketing and I prefer not only to make sales directly, but also give my prospects the change to join without having to pay anything. With Empower Network, it was not possible for the platform does not provide free options or trials.
If you want to earn a decent income with Empower Network, you will need to persuade people to buy all the additional training courses and not just the $25 blogging system. First, you have to get them into believing that they will have a blog and training for only $25, after that again you need to get them to purchase the Inner Circle as well because obviously you will then have better commissions – it goes on and on and the same tactic must be repeated with each person.
This type of marketing for me is just too tiresome and I feel that I had lost ethics by doing it. People struggle and do not have money to waste, Wealthy Affiliate provides more than Empower in my opinion and I don’t need to pressure people into purchasing, they can join the free membership and decide for themselves if they will benefit from it or not.
Read my full Review on Empower Network
Read my full Review on Wealthy Affiliate
Regards - Have yourself a profitable day.